Benefits of Partnership
- Proven, affordable BI solutions with unparalleled performance and scalability thanks to seamless Microsoft-Teradata integration.
- Easy implementation of Microsoft BI solutions into the Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- An integrated, joint BI solution that unlocks data assets and ensures that data is current, accurate and actionable.
- Fast, reliable delivery of key business data to the people best placed to leverage it, through their preferred productivity tools.
- Ability to analyze, understand, share and leverage data in new and imaginative ways.
- Improved operational efficiencies through increased visibility into operational processes.
- Increased business insight to guide strategy and promote business growth.
- Simplified IT infrastructure and reduced cost of operations.
Teradata and Microsoft Partnership
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 integrates seamlessly with Teradata 15.0, resulting in faster overall performance, advanced BI and lowered operating costs. SQL Server 2014 Enterprise edition features high availability, enhanced security features and Breakthrough Insight with managed, self-service data exploration and interactive data visualizations. With Microsoft SQL Server 2014, enterprises can:
- Build and deploy scalable, secure and manageable BI corporate solutions quickly with SQL Server’s advanced analytics and reporting and in-memory analytics engine.
- Benefit from advanced analytics through the use of Microsoft Excel for gathering and analyzing data, and SharePoint PerformancePoint dashboards and scorecards for advanced filtering, analytics and business performance monitoring.
- Use IT dashboard controls across SQL Server and SharePoint to monitor, manage and govern the data and analytics that end-users create.
- Empower employees with PowerPivot to access and mash up data from virtually any source, including Big Data sources.
- Gain new insights fast with Power View, an interactive, browser-based data visualization and presentation tool that empowers users to create and share in-depth reports.
- Provide consistent views across heterogeneous data sources and transform end-user-created apps into corporate BI solutions with the BI Semantic Model.
- Standardize and load data from many different sources into the Teradata EDW quickly and efficiently with the SQL Server Integration Services complete extract, transform, and load (ETL) tool
Microsoft and Teradata Validation Matrix Teradata Database v15.0 – v13.0
Microsoft and Teradata Validation Matrix
1 Unsupported but interoperability exists